International Trade Specialist, Empire State Development Corporation & Global NY
Empire State Development (ESD) is New York’s chief economic development agency.
The mission of Empire State Development is to promote a vigorous and growing state economy, encourage business investment and job creation, and support diverse, prosperous local economies across New York State through the efficient use of loans, grants, tax credits, real estate development, marketing and other forms of assistance.
Global NY is a new initiative launched by Governor Andrew M. Cuomo that offers one stop shopping to both foreign businesses looking to invest in New York and to local businesses who want to export globally.
Mr. Radier is a International Trade Specialist at Global NY and ESD. His duties are to encourage and assist New York State companies expand via the pursuit of opportunities in foreign markets. Also, provide investment assistance to foreign companies to facilitate their Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in New York State.
Previous positions and responsibilities:
• Investment Manager (3Rs & 2Ps), ESD’s Environmental Services Unit.
• Director of Business Development, ESD
• Loan Fund Administrator, the Mid-Hudson Bankers’ Loan Fund
• Programs Coordinator, Arbor Hill Development Corporation
• Researcher, UNICEF Urban section
• Editorial Assistant, African Urban Quarterly
• Master of Regional Planning, SUNY Albany (‘86).
Third World Urbanization, National and Regional Development
• BA (economics) SUNY New Paltz (’82).
International Economic Institutions. Thesis “SDRs: The Creation of International Money”
• Trade Finance: New York District Export Council (2009)
• NYS Environmental Compliance: The Business Council of NY (2001)
• Good Manufacturing Practice: The GMP Institute (1995)
• International Trade Assistance Certification: World Trade Center (1988, 1992)
• Economic Development Certification: New York Economic Development Council (1988, 1992)
• Sub-Saharan Africa Chamber of Commerce, Advisory Board
• Hudson Valley International Trade Association (HVITA), Vice President
• Westchester World Trade Association, Board of Directors
• HVITA “Hudson Valley Award for Achievement in International Trade Promotion” (1999)
• International Trade Advisory Committee of 20th Congressional District. Appointment by Congressman Ben Gilman, Chairman of the House International Relations Committee (1996 – 2002).
• Micro-Credit Summit